“I-I can feel your- you on top of me and your- ah! This feels so… So… Mm! Oh, jeez! Oh, crap! Duncan, I think I’m- I’m-” You think you’re what, Kyle? WHAT?! Spit it out! I mean those aren’t even real sentences! Why can’t webcomic creators just have the characters say what they mean?! >:( Is this some attempt to be arty? If I wanted something cryptic that needed freaking subtitles to understand, I’d go see a freaking existential Swedish film! “Jeez”, indeed!
(Oh, and just for the record, if thingy-smushing means that eventually I’m going to be making goofy faces like what I’m seeing on this page, then forget it! People can just go smush their own thingys and leave mine alone! O_O)
I want to thank all the straight dudes who spoke up in the comments on the last page and shared how they found The Young Protectors and why they are enjoying it. I actually feel a kinship with straight guys who can enjoy a romance featuring two dudes because I’m a pure Kinsey 6 (the female form does nothing for me sexually or romantically) and yet my favorite film of all time is Bound which features a romance between two women. One of my great hopes for the future is that it becomes the norm (instead of the exception) for people to enjoy romances featuring happy couples who are different. That someday prejudices will be a thing of the past and that we’ll all be able to cheer for everyone in love. It’s a strong motivation behind the creation of my own work and so it’s always gratifying to hear that there are those (straight guys, lesbians, asexual folk, etc.) who are enjoying my comics even if they would choose something different for themselves. 🙂
Last week, I revealed tidbits about how things broke down for the guys who took my survey. This week, we’ll focus on those who identified their gender as female!
- Out of the 8,387 respondents, 5,221 identified as female.
- The majority (56.29%) are between the ages of 18-25 with a whopping 85.75% being 30 years old or under.
- Only 0.48% identified as “transgender” with 2.43% “still figuring that out.”
- 44.26% would self-identify to a close friend as “straight”, 27.43% as “bisexual”, 4.94% as “gay”, 10.23% as “I’m not sure/still figuring that out”, 7.53% as “something else” and 5.61% as “asexual.”
- In terms of the Kinsey Scale, 18.94% identified as “0 – Exclusively Heterosexual”, 25.67% as “1 – Mostly Heterosexual”, 25.51% as “2 – Predominantly Heterosexual”, 15.25% as “3 – Equally Heterosexual and Homosexual”, 4.08% as “4 – Predominantly Homosexual”, 4.54% as “5 – Mostly Homosexual” and 1.86% as “6 – Exclusively Homosexual.”
- 7.81% chose ” I DON’T HAVE SIGNIFICANT SEXUAL FEELINGS FOR OTHER PEOPLE” and 0.34% chose “I AM MOSTLY OR EXCLUSIVELY SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT IDENTIFY AS EITHER MALE OR FEMALE”
- Finally, a sizable 76.48% wanted “Kyle and The Annihilator to live happily ever”, 20.26% were “cool with Kyle and The Annihilator being together for this night,” but ultimately wanted Kyle to wind up with someone else and 3.26% had this advice: “Run away, Kyle! Run away now!”
So some very interesting results! My note has already become novel-length, so I’ll leave it to y’all in the comments to discuss how these results compare with the results I posted on Saturday! 🙂
***THIS IS A BONUS PAGE***
Our eighth bonus page in a row! And look below! We’re already at $177 on the donation bar towards the next bonus page!
Special thanks go out to long-time supporters Federica G. (who makes their second generous donation to The Young Protectors!) and Daniel M. & Marte H. (both making their third generous donation to The Young Protectors!), and a warm welcome and grateful bow go out to new supporters Jose S., Bart T., Ditte S., & Larry B. for their generous donations over the last few days!
And big hugs go out to long-time friends of The Young Protectors Christopher M. and Daniel N. for their super-generous $25 donations! And this makes Christopher’s second and Daniel’s thirty-third (!!!) super-generous donations to this comic! Thank you so much, Christopher and Daniel! You are totally awesome!
Thank you all so much for your generous support!
So! Is that fire I see in Kyle’s eyes? Or… at least coming from Kyle’s eyes? What could that possibly mean?
Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀