Gosh darn it — they’re back kissing again! I thought for sure it would be talk, talk, talk until the ninja robots came. Now I bet it’s going to be nothing but thingy-smushing and “Ooh! Ooh! Baby!” for pages! >:( If I don’t get some actual fun action in the next few pages — at least a big explosion or something — mark my words, tables shall be flipped!
Anyway, I said I’d give a few more tidbits from the survey, so let me share them with you! We’ll start with focusing on gals vs. guys and because the biggest question I’ve received is “How many straight guys read this?”, for this update, we’ll start with the guys. 🙂
- Out of the 8,387 respondents, 2,662 identified as male.
- The majority (48.01%) are between the ages of 18-25 with 73.52% being 30 years old or under.
- Exactly 5.00% identified as “transgender” with 1.01% “still figuring that out.”
- 72.31% would self-identify to a close friend as “gay”, 13.22% as “bisexual”, 6.76% as “straight”, 4.28% as “I’m not sure/still figuring that out”, 2.40% as “something else” and 1.01% as “asexual.”
- In terms of the Kinsey Scale, 2.74% identified as “0 – Exclusively Heterosexual”, 3.61% as “1 – Mostly Heterosexual”, 3.53% as “2 – Predominantly Heterosexual”, 4.58% as “3 – Equally Heterosexual and Homosexual”, 8.15% as “4 – Predominantly Homosexual”, 25.39% as “5 – Mostly Homosexual” and 50.04% as “6 – Exclusively Homosexual.” (Just for the record, I’m a Kinsey 6. 🙂 )
- 1.73% chose ” I DON’T HAVE SIGNIFICANT SEXUAL FEELINGS FOR OTHER PEOPLE” and 0.23% chose “I AM MOSTLY OR EXCLUSIVELY SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT IDENTIFY AS EITHER MALE OR FEMALE”
- Finally, only 55.33% wanted “Kyle and The Annihilator to live happily ever” (compared to nearly 70% for the whole group), 38.50% were “cool with Kyle and The Annihilator being together for this night,” but ultimately wanted Kyle to wind up with someone else and 6.16% had this advice: “Run away, Kyle! Run away now!”
Very interesting! And how many cool straight guy readers does this mean we really have? Well, it’s hard to know exactly! 8,387 readers responded to the survey and I think it’s safe to assume that a good chunk of our readers didn’t participate in the survey at all (or ever bother to read my little notes here. LOL!) On update days, per Google Analytics, we get over 14,000 unique visitors and on non-update days we get over 7,000 per day. So, let’s be conservative, assume a bunch of you are coming back each day to check the comments etc. and say we have maybe 20,000 readers total? (Gosh, 20,000 readers doesn’t feel very conservative! In fact, it’s hard for me to even believe!) So, let’s multiple the survey results by 2.5 to get at the “real” number. In that case, we would have 450 very cool readers who would identify to a close friend as a “straight male” and 657 who are Kinsey 0s, 1s and 2s.
Would you fall into the “straight guy” category? If so, please sound off in the comments! Be very cool to hear how you found out about the comic and what you’re enjoying about it!
Anyway, thanks so much for participating in the survey, guys! Next time, we’ll see how things break down for the gals! 😀
We had our seventh bonus page in a row on Wednesday and then yesterday you tipped the donation bar over its target which means we’ll have another bonus page this Wednesday, September 4th!
Special thanks go out to long-time supporters debra p. (who makes their second generous donation to The Young Protectors!), Jennifer W. & Kathryn G. (both making their fourth generous donations to The Young Protectors!), Christopher D. (who makes their eighth generous donation to The Young Protectors!) & Saxon B. (who makes their thirty-ninth (!!!) generous donation to The Young Protectors!) and a warm welcome and grateful bow go out to new supporters Karoliina N. & Janis R. for their generous donations over the last few days!
Big hugs go out to new friend of The Young Protectors Sarah C. as well as to long-time friends joshua G., Robert B., Cassandra S. and Stephanie C. for their super-generous $25 donations! And this makes Cassandra’s sixth, Stephanie’s eighth, and both joshua’s & Robert’s thirtieth (!!) super-generous donations to this comic!
Finally, superhero-strength hugs go out to long-time super-friend Sam B. for their amazingly generous $50 donation! And this makes Sam’s third amazingly generous donation to The Young Protectors! Thank you so much, Sam! You rock!
Thank you all so much for your generous support!
So! The rose petals have yet again taken flight and the kissing has resumed! Will there be yet another break in the action for more conversation (please, God!) or will it be kissy-stuff from here on out?
Tune in this Wednesday to find out! Hope to see you there! 😀