Oh, thank God — they’re back to talking again! It might not be a robot ninja attack, but at least it makes sense! I don’t know if any of you read the comments on the last page but it seems like there’s even weirder stuff than thingy-smushing. I won’t even tell you what some folks thought was going on, but let’s just say, it’s not even supposed to work unless someone’s legs are at least at a “45 degree” angle! You might convince me that there’s something fun about naked wrestling — maybe — but if these so-called “fun times” have to involve geometry and protractors and stuff, then count me out! My head’s spinning enough already! O_O
Speaking of math, my plan was to write up a huge long little essay about your awesome responses to the survey, but then work exploded. I’m at the end of another ten hour day and a full essay is beyond my powers. So, maybe it’s best if I tackle this in bite-sized chunks. I’ve now closed the survey, so let me just share a few details and perhaps I’ll share some extra-interesting details in future posts (like what percentage of respondents identified themselves as straight males, which is something I know a few of you are curious about. 😉 ) The survey received 8,387 responses (almost all of them during the first week when I was linking directly to the survey here.) Interestingly (and in fact very consistent with what I learned in my statistics class), the percentage numbers barely changed once 400 of you had responded. Here’s how things broke down:
- The majority of you are between the ages of 18 – 25 (53.95%) with 82.09% being 30 or under.
- 62.25% identified their gender as female, 31.74% identified as male, 4.38% identified as “something else (gender-fluid, etc.)” and 1.63% said they were still figuring that out.
- 2.97% identified as transgender and another 3.98% said they were still figuring that out.
- 30.06% of our readers would identify as straight to a “close friend”, 26.58% as gay, 22.99% as bisexual, 8.33% said they weren’t sure/were still figuring that out, 7.37% would identify as “something else” and 4.67% would identify as “asexual.” (There was similar diversity with the Kinsey identifications which I’ll get into in a future note.)
- Finally, if forced to choose, 69.60% would want Kyle and The Annihilator to live happily ever, 26.16% are “cool with Kyle and The Annihilator being together for this night, but ultimately want Kyle to wind up with someone else” and 4.24% want Kyle to “run away now!” (Of course, many of you in the comments lamented the lack of an “I don’t know yet!” option. Or even an “I’m happy with whatever!” option. So noted! Will keep that in mind next time!)
So, those are the overall results! But what happens if we just look at specific age-groups or genders? Tune in for the next note to find out! While the results didn’t surprise me — I already knew we had an awesomely diverse group! — I did find them interesting. I hope you did too. Thank you so much for participating! I’ll look forward to having another survey in the future!
***THIS IS A BONUS PAGE!***
Our seventh bonus page in a row! And look below! We’re already at $238 towards the next bonus page!
Special thanks go out to long-time supporters James A. & Molly E. (both making their second generous donation to The Young Protectors!) & Christopher D. (who makes their seventh generous donation to The Young Protectors!) and a warm welcome and grateful bow go out to new supporters James R., S K., Christina E., & heather M. for their generous donations over the last few days!
Big hugs go out to long-time friends of The Young Protectors Lisa J. and Martin K. for their super-generous $25 donations! And this makes both Lisa’s and Martin’s third super-generous donations to this comic! Thank you so much, you two!
Thank you all so much for your generous support!
So! The Annihilator is asking Kyle if he trusts him. What do you think? Should Kyle trust The Annihilator and let the sexy times continue? Or would you urge caution to our young hero? And what do you think he’ll say?
Tune in this Saturday to find out! Hope to see you there!
DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! Edit 8/29/13 8:00 PM: You’ve done it again! Thanks to your generous donations, you’ve yet again tipped over the donation bar target! That means that in addition to our regular updates this Saturday (page 26!) and next Saturday (page 28!), there will be a bonus update (page 27!) this Wednesday, September 4th! Thank you all so much! Hope to see you there! 😀